Can this work between pages with jQuery tabs and hijack

Apr 11, 2011 at 7:28 PM

I am trying to come up with a tabbed interface using jQuery tabs and hijack which loads a separate aspx page into each tab.

Is it possible to use the Event Broker in your ASP.NET MVVM framework to communicate between pages instead of between controls? 

Coordinator
Apr 12, 2011 at 2:19 PM

You can create controller (ViewModel) in session. It then can be shared with pages. Event Broker works between pages.

[Create(Scope=CreationScope.Session)]
public CustomerController controller {get; set;}

Apr 15, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Great.

I have set the scope to Session but where should I add the controller?

Currently I add a controller on each page. I have also tried having it added in a base page that the other pages inherit from but it still doesn’t work.

Using the sample webApp as a starting point, my test is that I have 2 pages where Page2 is in an iframe on Page1. I put the customer list control in Page1 and the customer edit control in Page2.

When I select a customer from the list (on Page1), the customer edit control’s OnCustomerChanged event (on Page2) does not fire and the control does not display.

Please advise if this scenario is possible and if so how to implement it?

Thanks,

David

Coordinator
Apr 17, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Sorry, I was wrong. Event Broker won't work between pages. Two pages are two separatedly requests. They don't run at the same time.